– That’s the sperm. – Oh! Wait, can you eat sea urchin sperm? – I’m sure you can, yeah. – Do you eat sea urchin sperm? (all laughing) (funky music) We got fresh ones. You have this super soft, caky bun. – It’s very soft. – And then that gets the inner play with the super crispy texture and then there’s just fatty rush of acid from all that gobby tatar sauce. – I’m not really getting
any of the cheese. I don’t know why they have that– – The cheese gets lost. You don’t even need it. They do it for aesthetics. So, we gotta figure out
ways to fancy this up. – [Chase] Right, yeah. – And the cheese really gets lost in here. – Yeah, I’d like to taste the cheese. – And I think what we can
do is take fresh sea urchin, the gonads of the purple,
spiky nightmare creature. (Chase laughs)
And I want to infuse it into the cheese and really make that pop. You’ve scuba dived at least six times? – Yeah, nine times.
– Nine times? – Yeah. – My initial plan was to
take you in a wetsuit, in scuba gear, and just
throw you into the ocean. – [Chase] Yeah. – But, turns out the
insurance would be too much and it could, quote, result
in death or bodily harm. – I’m not that experienced, yeah. – So, we’re not doing that anymore. We’re gonna go to Maruhide
Marine Products in Long Beach. They supply uni to all the
best sushi restaurants. And so, we’re gonna
get directly from them. We’re gonna get some live sea urchin and we’re gonna put it
in our fancy sandwich. – Yeah, that sounds a little bit easier. – [Josh] Mark, how’s it going? I’m Josh. – Nice to meet ya, Mark. – Nice to meet you, Chase.
– Chase, nice to meet you. – Thank you so much for having us – Yeah.
at your lovely facility. It’s a beautiful morning in Long Beach. – [Mark] Absolutely. – Have you ever seen
anyone, hypothetically, not that I’m doing this,
infuse uni into American cheese and then say, hypothetically again, put that on a $300 Filet-O-Fish sandwich? – That might be the first.
– Okay. – And I’m actually really excited to see what the final product is. – Original content, baby.
– Nice. – That’s what we do.
– Original, right. I’m excited to get down to it. I’m excited to start cracking shells, man. – Right on (laughs). – [Josh] Holy crap, this is incredible. – It’s like a video
game I’m really bad at. – [Mark] There you go. – Whoa, there we go, just toss ’em in? – [Mark] Yep, and then toss them in. – [Chase] Do it right there? – [Josh] What’s the white
stuff coming out of the top? – That’s the sperm. – Oh, wait, can you eat sea urchin sperm? – I’m sure you can, yeah. – Do you eat sea urchin sperm? – I (laughs). – Uh oh, I really stabbed
too far into that one. – So, just so you know, if
you do crack the roe in half, the price also goes. – [Chase] Oh, wow. – Am I just losing you money right now? – Pretty much, yeah, but it’s all right. Do you want to to to the next station? – Let’s do it. – Okay.
– All right. – Come on this way. There’s five roe sacks. – [Josh] Oh, really? – [Chase] Five for every one? – So he has four nipples.
– Okay. – Which is two more than
people are supposed to have. – That’s very true.
– Yeah. And one less than me, so,
you know, we’re all right. This is the stage where we actually select the premium grade uni
from a thousand pounds of raw material. Right now, we’re probably getting about five trays of the premium. – Only sold to top of the
line customers like ourselves. – Absolutely. – Like people with the most skill. – Only for you two, exactly. You guys wanna try that out? – All right. – It’s one of those products where the flavor is expediential in your mouth for what you’re actually consuming. I don’t know if you feel the same way. – I just thought it was sweet and salty. – So, this is the premium uni,
this is the best of the best. – Says it right there. – Premium sea urchin, best of the best, it says it right there.
– Yeah. – So, this is actually the
uni that you guys cracked. – [Both] Oh, really? – What?
– This looks way better than I thought. – Yeah, I thought we were doing terribly. Turns out we’re awesome at this. – Yeah, good job!
– Boom. – Not all of them, though. – Take it back, reverse it.
(Mark laughs) – [Mark] We retail this
at a hundred, actually. – Wow, oh my god.
– Hundred bucks! – This is for you guys and this as well. – Aw, we get pets to take home! This one’s Rhett and then
the uglier one is Link. Mark, thank you so much
for having us, man. – Absolutely, thank you.
– Yeah, thank you. – All right, we got all our uni, now we gotta start
building the Filet-O-Fish. So, this is king crab legs. We’re gonna use that for
our Filet-O-Fish patty. We also have lobster tail, langoustines, – [Chase] Which is the shrimp. – It’s not a shrimp, it’s a langoustine. – (laughs) But that looks like a shrimp. – [Josh] It looks like a shrimp, it’s not. – The color of a shrimp.
– It’s a langoustine. If I say it’s a langoustine, I can use– – But what is a langoustine? – It’s, okay, it’s like a, it’s a shrimp. And then we got other shrimp,
we have blue different shrimp. Blue because of what they feed it. – Blueberries. – They don’t feed the
shrimp, maybe they do feed the shrimp blueberries. Then we got a whole branzino, right here. We’re gonna filet that. For the buns, we’re gonna do
jet black squid ink brioche. – It is fancy, yeah. – [Josh] And then what
do you think that is? – This is Slim Jim, fish Slim Jim. – You’re not as wrong as I wish you were. – It’s called bottarga, we’re gonna shave that
into the tartar sauce. Then we’re also gonna chop
up pickled sea fennel. – I don’t know what regular fennel is. – It’s from Greece,
really awesome product, gonna be great in the sauce.
– That’s cool. – And then, we have the
uni that we helped pack or lost the company a lot of money. This is caviar from
Petrossian in Beverly Hills, they’re the best caviar purveyor.
– It’s from Paris. – The other word says Petrossian but Paris is just to make them sound fancy and it worked ’cause I
gave them a lot of money for that small tin of caviar. Should add a lot of complexity to our McDonald’s tartar sauce. I’m gonna have you on
langoustine and shrimp duty. – So, shrimp and shrimp duty? – Also known as shrimp and shrimp duty. So once it’s peeled,
you’re gonna take a knife and you’re gonna run it down the back. It’s not shrimp. You’re gonna run it down the back. It’s this little vein, right here. – Oh, no, like caca. – Yeah, it’s shrimp poo. And then you’re just gonna
scrape the shrimp poo out. So I need you to do that with all of these shrimp and langoustines which are not shrimp. There’s a bunch of poo in this lobster! – Everybody poops, you know. – Except me. – [Chase] You don’t poop? – [Josh] Nope. – Is that why you’re so firm? Building up from the inside. – Filled with poo from the inside. Now, all I need is a hammer
to bash up these crabs. Nicole, hammer me! Oh my god. Do it like that, so the
handle is coming at me. Hammer! Act like you’ve been here before. Now we gotta take all this fish and we have to hack it into our patty. (knife hitting board) – Is there a reason you’re
using the big knife? – Yeah!
(knife hitting board) You wanna give it a try? – Yeah! – I got you your own little baby guy. Bagel arc, that’s great. (both laughing) We’re gonna lay it on here. We actually need to freeze
it before we fry it. I know it seems like sacrilege to freeze this beautiful product. – I never do that. – I love how you curved your
finger towards the blade when you wiped off the
fish, that’s really smart. – This is not going into
all one Filet-O-Fish, right? – No, we’re only gonna be
using about a third of this. – (laughs) Okay, so why did we do so much? – I don’t know why I do the things I do. So we need to go ahead and
throw this into the freezer for it to set up and we should probably just Lysol our entire bodies down. – I’ll Lysol you if you Lysol me. – Deal. Oh, hey there, I’m sorry to
interrupt the most amazing food show that’s ever
existed on the internet, Except for Hot Ones, but if you wanna see
more amazing food shows staring yours truly, please subscribe to the Mythical YouTube channel. If enough people subscribe
I’ll get to make more shows. Make sure to click that little
bell to get notifications because you never know
what I’ll be up to next. But that little bell knows. It knows everything. So now we need to take this beautiful uni and we’re gonna make our
homemade American cheese with it. So Chase, go ahead and just
dump the cheese in there. American cheese is really
just an emulsification of cheese with other dairy products. You are going to dump in that gelatin, so that’s actually gonna
help it all firm up. And then we’re just gonna dump in salt. If you wanna dump in those two. – Yeah.
– That is milk powder and cream of tartar. I’m gonna dump in
– All right. – our hot milk in there. – Why milk powder and milk? – I don’t ask you stupid questions. (blender whirring)
And now throw eight things of uni in there. – Okay, one, two, three. – What funny is it’s
actually gonna turn it the color of American cheese. – Five, six, seven. – Seven. – Eight.
– Eight uni, okay. All right, and that’s gonna
look very liquidy now. But the gelatin in there,
once it cools down, is actually going to get
it to seize right up. – [Chase] American cheese
normally isn’t so bubbly. – American cheese also doesn’t
have the bunch of genitals of spiky nightmare creatures in it. We’re gonna put this in the fridge and it’s gonna solidify into
beautiful cheese slices, and then we’re gonna slap
that on to our fish patty. – To make the buns you gotta
use these cheese cubes. You mix in some of this black jello. This is urchin powder. Is any of this right? – You got it right that we’re making buns. – Oh, cool! – So, we’re gonna take some warm water and we’re gonna add that with milk. And then we have sugar. What’d you call this? – I said urchin powder. – Urchin powder.
– Yeah. – That would be really
cool if we could get that, but that is yeast. This is squid ink.
– Like black tapioca. – Just like black tapioca, take a bite. Oh no, you did it, I was kidding! I forgot that he’s a simpleton. All right, back to cooking. So you’re just gonna go ahead and you’re gonna take this and you’re gonna whisk it together. – That was so bad. – And that’s gonna let the yeast bloom. Oh god, oh god! Dump that in there.
– Careful. – So then we’re gonna put
our salt into the flour and now we’re just gonna pour this in. And then you need to start
incorporating butter. The key to brioche is precision. Butter the bowl, so it doesn’t stick. Yeah, just spin it. Yeah, feel like Skrillex,
the DJ, this is what he does. And then, we’re just
gonna put that in there and then we’re gonna
cover it with a wet towel and then we’re gonna let it proof. – What does that mean? – It needs to prove its worth to us. As we try and just degrade it to its face. – You suck! – I think you’re just okay. I’m not good at this. Chase, you have a very important
job to finish this brioche. You’re gonna crack that egg into that bowl and then you’re gonna
whisk it with a fork. – And you gotta do it with one
hand to prove my dominance? – Yeah, that’s true.
– Okay, cool. – Let’s see how you do it. That’s great. You left a little on the
table but that’s fine. This is probably enough
to house three normal Filets-O-Fish or as we
learned the plural is just. – Filet-O-Fish.
– Filet-O-Fish, yeah. – Thank you, random McDonald’s worker. – He’s not random to himself. – That’s true. – He probably has a cool life. – Thanks, Jeremy. – And then, these are
just gonna go in the oven at about 375, I’ll take
them out and they should be nice and golden black. So we gotta make our tartar sauce. This is the only condiment McDonald’s uses on the Filet-O-Fish. Theirs is probably just mayonnaise, citric acid, and pickles. Ours is gonna be a little
bit more than that. You have the very important
task of just opening the caviar. I’m gonna go ahead and
spoon my mayonnaise. So this is the cured roe sack of a mullet. You know what, it kinda
tastes like a Slim Jim. – Do you know how to open this? – Yeah, you’re doing great. (Chase laughs)
And then we’re just gonna squeeze a little bit of lemon in there. Then what we have here,
it’s called sea fennel. How are you doing on the caviar? – Coming. Is it one of those beer bottle tricks? – Yeah, open it with your eye socket. Did that work?
– No, it did nothing. – Just as soon as you get that open. You did it! So, these are mother of pearl spoons, it’s the only material you’re
supposed to let touch caviar. If you use metal, it alters the taste, and we are fancy boys. – But it’s in a metal tin. – Don’t question me. And so we’re just gonna dump all of that. So now whereas McDonald’s tartar sauce gets a little crunch of the pickles, ours is getting it from caviar. Now all we gotta do, fry the fish, assemble our sandwich, we’re good to go. So here’s our beautiful hand
packed Filet-O-Fish patties right here.
– That is gorgeous. – I’m just gonna cut this in half and then we’re gonna get them dredged. – You said thirds. – I say a lot of things, we’re gonna cut in in
half, executive decision. We’re gonna dredge that in our flour, our egg wash and then this is
actually panko bread crumbs. – Right.
– That have been blended up with bonito flakes. They’re like Frosted Flakes, they’re mmmade from
fermented skipjack tuna. This is furikake, it’s a Japanese
– Furikake? – seasoning they put on rice, it’s really big in Hawaii, also. So, it’s got a ton of sesame,
MSG and seaweed in there, if you just wanna give that a spoon stir. – Yeah, like whisking? – Yeah, little bit slower. – Josh, this is a giant patty. – It’s like the old adage, any pizza is a personal
pizza if you’re sad enough. (Chase laughs) – So now we’re just gonna
– Gotcha. – get that in our panko and
that’s gonna go in the fryer at 325 degrees for about six minutes until it turns golden brown. All right, so this is looking great, nice and golden brown. We’re just gonna pull it out. – That looks delicious.
– Thank you. And so now we just have
to build our sandwich, slice and toast those
buns, get the cheese on, get some sauce and we’re ready to feast. – Yeah, I’m lovin’ it. – So we’re gonna put our
beautiful black bun there and then we’re gonna take
our mother of pearl spoons. Again, no other material except for apparently glass and the
metal tin it was in (laughs) can touch caviar. Yeah.
– This is really good. – Yeah, it’s probably ’cause it cost $300. The cheese is going to,
look how floppy it is, that’s what the gelatin gets you. – I mean that definitely
is very American cheesy. – Right?
– That’s good. – And there’s a lot of uni in there. (Josh smacking lips) – You make the worst
sounds with your mouth. (Josh slurping) – And there is our fancy Filet-O-Fish. (Chase wolf whistling) I think it’s appropriate, I would eat this for a single meal. – It’s bigger than the box
for the Filet-O-Fish (laughs). – It’s not like, that big. I think this is just
like an appetite thing, ’cause again, this to me is
not an unreasonable meal. – It’s literally bigger than this box. – It would fit in that box, ish. – This one is like a tiny hat. It’s like the Josh size Filet-O-Fish and the Chase size Filet-O-Fish (laughs). – All right, let’s see how this bad boy is looking on the inside. – [Chase] Yeah, that looks really good. – The black buns are
really doing something. Aw, cute baby!
– Aw. – Take a bite of this.
– All right. Once again, you can’t taste the cheese, hardly at all.
– Cheese gets lost. – [Chase] It’s much heftier. – So much heftier, you
actually see all the different seafood products in there, if
you’re gonna smash it down, you see the cheese oozing out. – That is really good. – You get an ocean’s worth of flavor. There’s so much seafood
flavor coming through, there’s no escaping,
even if you wanted to. – The creaminess of the cheese, a lot more than you get in this at all. – The cheese certainly
does not get lost in this, and again, that’s 60 bucks worth of uni just shoved in there. – Oh yeah, so that’s 60 bucks, how much was the rest of
this all together? (laughs) – So the total with all that
caviar in there is $379.34. (both laughing) I’m lovin’ it.
– It works really well – I didn’t even, I literally
just meant I’m lovin’ it, not the McDonald’s slogan. I just meant I like this much. – This is very simple, but I thought it was gonna
be really hard to beat. And this did it. This is better. – All right, let me know in the comments what fast food you want
me to fancify next. And thank you so much for
watching and supporting and if you wanna keep supporting, subscribe to the Mythical YouTube channel, if we get enough subscribers I can keep making awesome food content like this. I’ll see you next time. (bossa nova music)